Creamy Tomato Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 slices slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a large skillet, cook chicken over medium heat in oil until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, soup and cinnamon; add to the skillet. Cook and stir until heated through. Return chicken to skillet; top with cheese. Cover and cook until the cheese is melted. Serve with noodles.
Oct 31, 2011
Absolutley awesome! My family loved it!
Jan 10, 2011
Nice and easy comfort food. I think I'll try a creamy tomato-basil soup instead of diced tomatoes next time, as I think it'll make the gravy richer and creamier. TOH has a recipe.
Sep 28, 2010
I will definitely be trying this...sounds awesome! :)
Jan 15, 2010
This is a delicious and quick recipe for any night of the week. The cinnamon gives it a nice flavour.
Nov 7, 2009
Yum! I used Italian stewed tomatoes. The cream of chicken soup goes well with the taste of the tomatoes in their juice. -Lori in WI.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.