The Italian word "tiramisu" means "pick-me-up" and refers to a dessert of ladyfinger sponge cake dipped in coffee, embracing mascarpone cheese. Work that in with cream cheese and you have a guaranteed picker-upper that redefines a classic. —Mrs. Priscilla Gilbert, Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
Featured In: Tiramisu Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/3 cup chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about 2 whole crackers)
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1/3 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 package (3 ounces) ladyfingers, split
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- Baking cocoa
- Preheat oven to 325°. Brush bottom of a 9-in. springform pan with butter; sprinkle evenly with cracker crumbs. Securely wrap a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square) under and around pan.
- Dissolve coffee granules in hot water; cool and set aside. Combine brewed coffee and rum extract; brush over flat sides of split ladyfingers. Arrange ladyfingers, rounded sides out, along sides of prepared pan.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in cream, sour cream, vanilla and reserved dissolved coffee. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into prepared pan. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake until center is just set and top appears dull, 70-80 minutes. Remove springform pan from water bath; remove foil. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes; loosen sides from pan with a knife. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- Remove rim from pan. Just before serving, dust cheesecake with cocoa. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Tiramisu Cheesecake in Taste of Home April/May 2012, p67
Reviews forCreamy Tiramisu Cheesecake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2014
"Very creamy. Served this for a birthday at work, everyone loved it."
Reviewed Nov. 4, 2012
"This was incredible, and all my coworkers who tried it confirmed it! They were cursing me for bringing it in. :)"