Creamy Thyme Spread
Mary Steiner of West Bend, Wisconsin shares a make-ahead cracker spread that showcases thyme and garlic. "A neighbor who has an herb garden gave me the recipe," Mary writes. "It's simple to stir up and makes a special appetizer for company. It's also fun to serve at a party."
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
Makesabout 1 cup
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Assorted crackers
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, thyme, parsley and garlic; mix well. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 100 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 84mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Creamy Thyme Spread in Quick Cooking July/August 1998