Mary Steiner of West Bend, Wisconsin shares a make-ahead cracker spread that showcases thyme and garlic. "A neighbor who has an herb garden gave me the recipe," Mary writes. "It's simple to stir up and makes a special appetizer for company. It's also fun to serve at a party."
Recommended: 47 Sweet and Savory Snacks For Your TV Marathon
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Assorted crackers
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, thyme, parsley and garlic; mix well. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with crackers. Yield: about 1 cup.
Originally published as Creamy Thyme Spread in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p42
Reviews forCreamy Thyme Spread
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 29, 2010
"Very yummy and I could not get enough when topping toasted sour dough bread. A major keeper!"