Creamy Taco Soup
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 can (10 ounces) chili without beans
- 1 pound process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste
- 2 cups sour cream, divided
- 1. In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, tomatoes, chili, cheese and seasonings. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Stir in 1 cup sour cream; heat through (do not boil). Garnish with remaining sour cream.
1 cup: 333 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 746mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
May 2, 2013
Fantastic! Decided to make the soup the very night I read the recipe as we had 9" of snow on ground and it sounded delicious. I used what I had on hand, 1 lb ground meat, black beans instead of pintos, cheddar soup with milk, 8oz. Jack cheese and Chili with beans. It was so- o good. Thank you for the recipe, I will be making it often.
Oct 19, 2012
The first time I made this recipe, I was looking for something different to take to the church potluck. It was a GREAT hit and I gave the recipe to at least 5 other women. My family loves it as well & it's SUPER EASY to make!! TWO thumbs up!!!!
Oct 3, 2012
I have made this several times. It is a wonderful and filling soup!
Apr 16, 2012
Loved it!! So easy which makes it even better even the hubby loved it I will certainly be making this again and soon.
Jul 28, 2010
This was an easy recipe and tasty too. My family really liked it. I added a little cumin for extra flavor. I may even add a packet of taco seasoning to the beef next time.