Creamy Swordfish on Noodles
Saute swordfish chunks, then combine them with broccoli, carrots and cauliflower and a creamy cheese sauce--a weeknight meal your family is sure to enjoy.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 pound swordfish steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables, thawed
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle swordfish with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- In a large skillet, saute swordfish in oil for 5-6 minutes or until opaque. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a bowl; keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and cream until smooth; add to the skillet. Stir in the cheeses. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the fish, vegetables and remaining salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Drain noodles; top with swordfish mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 711 calories, 43g fat (23g saturated fat), 195mg cholesterol, 1200mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 43g protein.
Originally published as Creamy Swordfish and Vegetables in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.