- 9 cups sliced peeled potatoes (2-1/2 pounds)
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 4 ounces reduced-fat Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter or stick margarine, melted
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine the potatoes, milk, salt, garlic, pepper, rosemary and bay leaf. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 6-8 minutes or until almost tender. Discard Rosemary sprig and bay leaf.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into potato mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; gently stir in cheese.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over potato mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and crumbs are golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forCreamy Swiss Scalloped Potatoes
"Needed a new recipe for a potato side dish. This was just the one. Only changes that I made was that I didn't use fresh thyme, I used dried. Other than that, made the recipe as stated. It was well received by my family."