Creamy Sweet Potato Salad
Refreshing and colorful, this novel combination is a taste treat! -North Carolina Sweet Potato Commission
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup peas
- 1/2 cup chopped green or sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 bunch fresh spinach
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a bowl, blend mayonnaise, buttermilk, lemon juice, mustard and sugar until smooth. In a large bowl, combine sweet potatoes, peas, pepper and onions. Pour dressing over all; toss to blend. Chill 2 hours or overnight. To serve, spoon salad into a large bowl lined with spinach; top with bacon.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 302 calories, 23g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 255mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Creamy Sweet Potato Salad in Taste of Home October/November 1994
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.