Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Spread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makes28 servings (1/4 cup each)
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (7 ounces) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, onion and garlic until blended. Stir in tomatoes and red peppers. Stir in the mozzarella cheese, Italian cheese blend and 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until edges are bubbly and lightly browned. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 244 calories, 23g fat (8g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 382mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Dec 21, 2015
The best!! Requested for Christmas Eve every year. . I serve with pita chips. Makes a lot so if smaller crowd could make 1/2 recipe.
Feb 28, 2015
This is amazing. I only make half the recipe. I have also put it in my little slow cooker to warm up instead of in the oven.
May 26, 2014
This is always a favorite for guests and so easy to make
Mar 2, 2014
This recipe is wonderful! I did cut it in half and use an 8x8-inch pan, which worked better for my husband and me. I also added a tablespoon of homemade pesto...yum! The next time I'm asked to take an appetizer to a family gathering, this is what I'll be making!
Aug 8, 2013
Enjoyed this at a friend's last night. Enjoyed by all ages. Searched for the recipe as it was so good I want to take it to a potluck. Would not change a thing!
Jun 19, 2013
I did not read the previous reviews before making and was surprised at how much it made. Very delicious. My boyfriend kept sampling the cold mixture as I was making it and suggested that we try it cold without the cheese some other time that we make it.
May 11, 2013
Made just 1/2 of this recipe last night. It's very good. I agree it does make a huge amount. I would also suggest cutting back on some of the mayonnaise. I switched the mozzarella cheese for a Italian blend and I added additional chopped up sun_dried tomatoes. Its an excellent spread. Very eye appealing and will compliment many types of crackers. It's even better the next day.
Oct 25, 2012
Mostly cheese so it didn't have much flavor to it.
Jun 19, 2012
Makes a Lot!
Apr 8, 2012
Just made in two separate shallow casserole dishes, no need to grease if your using CorningWare. I roasted my red pepper (lightly covered in veg oil) under the broiler for 10 minutes turning every couple minutes. First time roasting a red pepper. :) This recipe is a keeper ! Yummy
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.