Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato & Chicken Frittata
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 10 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1-1/4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, patted dry and chopped
- 4 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, cream, 3 tablespoons basil, salt and pepper. Stir in cream cheese, chicken, tomatoes and 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
- Heat a 10-in. ovenproof skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-low heat. Pour in egg mixture; cover and cook 8-12 minutes or until nearly set. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 12-16 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand 5 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining basil; cut into wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 wedge: 308 calories, 25g fat (13g saturated fat), 337mg cholesterol, 404mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 18g protein.
Jan 1, 2017
This is the best frittata I've ever made. Usually I find them to be too dry/overcooked. I really hate overcooked eggs. The cream and the cream cheese I think really help to slow the cooking time to make it rich and stay creamy and not dry out. I was even skeptical about chicken in a frittata (since I was making it for brunch) but the basil and sundried tomatoes really just go so great with the chicken and it was a treat for sure. I will make this again - and for guests next time!