Creamy Strawberry Pie
Total TimePrep:25 min. + chilling
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Sliced fresh strawberries, optional
- Drain strawberries into a 1-cup measuring cup and reserve juice; set berries aside. Add enough water to juice to measure 1 cup; pour into a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Add ice cream; stir until blended. Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes or just until thickened (watch carefully).
- Fold in reserved strawberries. Pour into pastry shell. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Garnish with fresh strawberries if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 345 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 202mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jul 2, 2015
So refreshing on a hot summer day!
Nov 23, 2012
A nice , simple , easy to make dessert. Very tasty and not heavy after a meal. Thank you !! A "keeper" recipe.
Apr 4, 2012
Made this over the weekend and it was gone in no time. Even my picky son loved it.
Jul 2, 2011
We loved this, I pureed the berries and just added them with the water juice mix.I also tried it with orange jello and mandarin oranges and it wasn"t as good.
Feb 4, 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.