Perfect for entertaining, this dreamy dessert gets its delightful flavor from swirls of fresh strawberry sauce. The rich taste and velvety texture are wonderful to savor. And best of all, because you make it a day ahead of time, dessert will be ready anytime you are! —Mia Trautwein, Goleta, California
Recommended: 14 Chocolate-Strawberry Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small saucepan, combine strawberries, sugar and lemon juice. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture is bubbly, 2 minutes. Mix cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 2 minutes. Remove from heat; cool.
- Mix cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and up sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Bake 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, sour cream and vanilla on medium speed until creamy. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into prepared crust. Spoon cooled berry mixture over top; swirl into filling.
- Bake until center is almost set, 30-35 minutes. Cool 1 hour on a wire rack. Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Strawberry Cheesecake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2017, p178