Creamy Squash Casserole
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 pounds acorn or butternut squash
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2-1/4 cups herb-seasoned stuffing mix, divided
- Cut squash in half; remove and discard peel and seeds. Cut squash into 1/2-in. cubes. Cook squash in a small amount of water for 3 minutes; drain and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine soup, sour cream, butter, carrots and onion; stir in 2 cups of stuffing mix. Fold in squash.
- Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining stuffing mix. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until squash is tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 185 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 451mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Oct 26, 2010
Easy to make and the kids loved it!
Mar 15, 2010
I have made this recipe several times. I add in 1 cup of cubed ham and serve with a salad for a complete meal. My kids love it.
Dec 1, 2009
I made this for a Thanksgiving side dish and my family loved it! It replaced the usual stuffing.
Nov 17, 2008
I have been making this recipe for several years now and it never fails to please. Even people who say they don't like squash taste this and love it. I highly recommend it for your Thanksgiving dinner table.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.