Creamy Spring Soup Recipe
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 baby carrots, julienned
- 1/2 celery rib, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Dash garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- 3/4 cup cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can (5-1/2 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in the macaroni, milk and spinach; heat through. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/3 cups: 207 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 677mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 whole milk.