- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups half-and-half cream
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp and onion is tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour until smooth. Gradually stir in cream. Bring to boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat; stir in spinach, salt, pepper, nutmeg, bacon and onion. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews forCreamy Spinach with Bacon
"Oh, yes... I believe this is a recipe I've been looking for... For years as a matter of fact... The only change I made was to add French fried onions to the top and brown for a few minutes in the oven... Even family that thought they didn't like spinach, loved it!!!"