Creamy Spinach Stuffed Flounder Recipe
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable garden vegetable cream cheese, divided
- 4 flounder or sole fillets (3 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine spinach and 3/4 cup cream cheese. Spoon onto each fillet; roll up. Place seam side down in a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 3. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine milk, lemon juice, salt, pepper and remaining cream cheese. Microwave on high 30-60 seconds; stir until smooth. Spoon over fish. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving: 285 calories, 21g fat (13g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 493mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Spinach Stuffed Flounder
"Recipe was great, I added a little fresh Parm to the sauce and the spinach then reduced the cream cheese and it tasted great and was a bit lighter."
"I loved this even without the sauce!"
"My husband and 1.5 yr old loved it. I thought the cream cheese was too heavy. Maybe try cutting back to 4-6 oz instead."
"easy to make, and a hit with my 1 year old. My husband would have preferred it without the sauce on top. I, however, loved the sauce."