- 3 cups uncooked rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, spinach, cream cheese and 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Drain pasta; add to sausage mixture. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews forCreamy Spinach Sausage Pasta
"This was very good, came together quickly and the leftovers were excellent. Janet. VFE"
"made this for my 3 adult men and they loved this it was a hit and easy to make"
"This was WONDERFUL. It tasted like something you'd get from a very popular pasta restaurant. I cut this in half for just my husband and I, and served it with garlic knots. Because I had cut it in half, it seemed about ready in 20 minutes. I put the cheese on and baked it for about another 5-6 minutes. This was so tasty, I can't wait to make this again!"
"This was very creamy and tasty. the flavors worked well together."
"Pretty good dish and my hubby really liked it! Thought it was a tad on the rich side, probably from the cream cheese and creamed spinach. Would definitely make again though!"
"This is a keeper. I used mild sausage this time but will try medium next time for a little more flavor. I think this would also be good using ground beef or shrimp."