Creamy Spinach and Cheese Casserole
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups herb seasoned stuffing cubes
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat soup, cream cheese, milk and Parmesan cheese until blended. Stir in stuffing cubes and spinach.
- Spoon into a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 205 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 723mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Jun 23, 2015
I cut the recipe in half. It was absolutely delicious! I omitted the stuffing cubes, and added a dash of salt. I also cooked it on the stove so I wouldn't have to heat up the house. Next time, I will add both packages of spinach to half the sauce recipe cuz it was a bit soupy.
Apr 8, 2015
This is easy and delicious. It is excellent as written in the recipe, but I might try adding a few fresh herbs next time and see how it turns out. Will make over and over!!
Dec 26, 2014
Very disappointed in this dish. I thought it dry and with little to no taste. Only one guest and I tried it and we didn't finish the small servings we had.
Sep 1, 2013
I didn't have stuffing cubes but I had French's fried onion rings and put that on top the last 5 minutes of cooking it was so good and none left over everybody wanted the recipe
Apr 3, 2013
I used fresh mushrooms, lightly sauteed, and cream of mushroom soup.For the question about fresh spinach, about 20 oz (total) fresh or, if you grow your own, 2 to 3 healthy handfuls.
Apr 3, 2013
I used fresh mushrooms, lightly sauteed, and cream of mushroom soup.For the question about fresh spinach, about 20 oz (total) fresh or, if you grow your own, 2 to 3 healthy handfuls,
Jan 20, 2013
I added fresh sautéed mushrooms and crab meat. It was delicious! I used cream of mushroom soup instead of the chicken flavor. Next time I will add water chestnuts. Wonderful suggestion I can't wait to try it!
Jan 9, 2013
Has anyone ever tried using fresh spinach? If so how much do you think?
Jan 7, 2013
I've been making a similar recipe for years, and it features sliced water chestnuts!
Jan 19, 2012
This is such a great side dish!! I have made this several times and we absolutely love it! I'm thinking about adding some mushrooms to it next time. Any other suggestions for add-ins?