Creamy Spinach and Cheese Casserole
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 cups herb seasoned stuffing cubes
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat soup, cream cheese, milk and Parmesan cheese until blended. Stir in stuffing cubes and spinach.
- Spoon into a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 205 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 723mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 23, 2015
I cut the recipe in half. It was absolutely delicious! I omitted the stuffing cubes, and added a dash of salt. I also cooked it on the stove so I wouldn't have to heat up the house. Next time, I will add both packages of spinach to half the sauce recipe cuz it was a bit soupy.
Apr 8, 2015
This is easy and delicious. It is excellent as written in the recipe, but I might try adding a few fresh herbs next time and see how it turns out. Will make over and over!!
Dec 26, 2014
Very disappointed in this dish. I thought it dry and with little to no taste. Only one guest and I tried it and we didn't finish the small servings we had.
Sep 1, 2013
I didn't have stuffing cubes but I had French's fried onion rings and put that on top the last 5 minutes of cooking it was so good and none left over everybody wanted the recipe
Apr 3, 2013
I used fresh mushrooms, lightly sauteed, and cream of mushroom soup.For the question about fresh spinach, about 20 oz (total) fresh or, if you grow your own, 2 to 3 healthy handfuls.
Apr 3, 2013
I used fresh mushrooms, lightly sauteed, and cream of mushroom soup.For the question about fresh spinach, about 20 oz (total) fresh or, if you grow your own, 2 to 3 healthy handfuls,
Jan 20, 2013
I added fresh sautéed mushrooms and crab meat. It was delicious! I used cream of mushroom soup instead of the chicken flavor. Next time I will add water chestnuts. Wonderful suggestion I can't wait to try it!
Jan 9, 2013
Has anyone ever tried using fresh spinach? If so how much do you think?
Jan 7, 2013
I've been making a similar recipe for years, and it features sliced water chestnuts!
Jan 19, 2012
This is such a great side dish!! I have made this several times and we absolutely love it! I'm thinking about adding some mushrooms to it next time. Any other suggestions for add-ins?