- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cup frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, saute onions, celery and mushrooms in butter until tender. Add the spaghetti, ham, 1-1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream, cottage cheese, beans, pimientos, garlic salt and pepper; mix well.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes; sprinkle with remaining Monterey Jack cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until bubbly and the cheese is melted. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forCreamy Spaghetti Casserole
"I got this recipe at a Taste of Home event in the late '90s and have made it occasionally since then. Tonight I'm going to use leftover chicken instead of ham - should be just as good! I'm also subbing in fresh baby spinach instead of frozen green beans, added sliced black olives, and used a bit more cottage cheese and sour cream. Very forgiving (and customizable) recipe!"
"This is my absolute FAVORITE dish to make with leftover ham. In fact, I usually buy a ham large enough so I have leftovers and can make this!"
"My mom found this recipe many years ago and it is still one of my favorites! My husband and friends love it as well!"