Creamy Southwest Chicken Salad Recipe
From Kingman, Arizona, Vicki Ann Roehrick shares this tasty alternative to taco salad. The creamy chicken mixture is delicious served over lettuce and topped with tortilla chips. If jalapeno-flavored cream cheese and chopped jalapenos.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cartons (8 ounces each) whipped cream cheese
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Shredded lettuce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (3.8 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the chicken, jalapenos and onion in butter until chicken is no longer pink.
- 2. Add the cream cheese, tomatoes, salsa and salt; stir until blended. Serve over lettuce; sprinkle with cheese, olives and tortilla chips. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 493 calories, 30g fat (16g saturated fat), 156mg cholesterol, 944mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 39g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Southwest Chicken Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC