Creamy Sourdough Snack
This bread bowl dip was a big hit at my mom's 50th birthday party! —Darelyn Payes, Hayward, California
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) sourdough bread
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a saucepan, combine sour cream, cream cheese, onions and Worcestershire sauce; cook and stir over low heat until blended. Add cheese and ham; cook and stir until cheese is melted and ham is heated through. Cut off top of loaf; carefully hollow out top and bottom, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Cut bread into cubes. Pour dip into shell; sprinkle with parsley if desired. Serve with bread cubes.
Dec 31, 1969
I took this to a ladies get-together. Not even the pan came back. Even my picky 15-year-old was licking her fingers!
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC