VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) sourdough bread
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- In a saucepan, combine sour cream, cream cheese, onions and Worcestershire sauce; cook and stir over low heat until blended. Add cheese and ham; cook and stir until cheese is melted and ham is heated through. Cut off top of loaf; carefully hollow out top and bottom, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Cut bread into cubes. Pour dip into shell; sprinkle with parsley if desired. Serve with bread cubes. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Creamy Sourdough Snack in Taste of Home October/November 1997, p64
Reviews forCreamy Sourdough Snack
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2008
"I took this to a ladies get-together. Not even the pan came back. Even my picky 15-year-old was licking her fingers!"