Creamy Smashed Potatoes
These potatoes are so good that I serve them at Christmas. My family prefers these to any other mashed potato recipes. —Megan Taylor, Greenfield, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2-1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and place in a large bowl; mash the potatoes. Add the remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned.
TEST KITCHEN TIP Instead of baking the mashed potatoes in the oven, you can spoon them into a slow cooker keep them warm on low.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 183 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 445mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Creamy Smashed Potatoes in Test Kitchen Favorites Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.