Creamy Sliced Tomatoes Recipe
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil or 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil, divided
- Lettuce leaves
- 6 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 1. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, cream and half of the basil. Cover and refrigerate.
- 2. Just before serving, arrange lettuce, tomatoes and onions on individual salad plates. Drizzle dressing over. Sprinkle with remaining basil. Yield: 12 servings.
1/2 cup: 168 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Sliced Tomatoes
"Simple enough using fresh ingredients!"
"Simple and terrific! I used a blender for the dressing ingredients, which can be done ahead to save time and fuss. Be sure to use FRESH basil, though, it makes all the difference. Great recipe for a summer evening's dinner on the porch."