- 3 to 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced green pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large salad bowl, toss cabbage, carrots and green pepper. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over the cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Chill for at least 2-3 hours. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forCreamy Slaw
"Made with few changes. I added more sugar after tasting -like mine sweeter. I also nuked 3/4 cup raisins in some water to plump and added because we like the taste. Hasn't sat for 2 hours yet but sure it will be great."
"This was a BIG disappointment. All we could taste was the mustard and little else. Would definitely not try this again. A waste of good ingredients."
"My only change was 1-1/4 Tbl. of Splenda Sugar Blend. Whether on wheat crackers on as a side with salmon, this Slaw was great."
"My husband liked it. It had a nice zesty flavor with the mustard ingredient."
"Liked the slaw and the tang the mustard gave it. Very easy to put together."
"Coming from a family with "our own" slaw recipe, I was really taking a chance serving this one. I cut back on the mustard just a bit(personal taste) and it was delicious! My husband kept on raving about it. easy to make and keeps well...IF there are leftovers!"
"Very nice dressing!!!! Didn't change a thing!"
"Too strong flavored - More sugar? Less liquid/lemon juice/mustard? Plus too much dressing so very liquid"
"Never make cole slaw with mayo or salad dressing; I just use oil, vinegar, onions, carrots, S&P, and a bit of sugar. Not as fattening as mayo."