Creamy Skillet Potatoes
An envelope of ranch salad dressing mix perks up these saucy potatoes prepared on the stovetop. It's a great side dish with almost any meal. --Denise Pritchard of Seminole, Oklahoma.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 7 cups cubed uncooked red potatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- Place 1 in. of water and potatoes in a large nonstick skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until tender; drain. Coat skillet with cooking spray; add potatoes and onion. Cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a saucepan, combine the flour, salad dressing mix, parsley and salt. Stir in the sour cream. Gradually add the milk, stirring until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over potatoes; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 160 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 365mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch.
Originally published as Creamy skillet Potatoes in Light & Tasty August/September 2004