Creamy Shrimp Noodle Skillet Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) medium egg noodles
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 cups half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, saute the onions, green pepper, celery and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in cream, Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. Reduce heat; add the shrimp, jalapeno pepper and parsley. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Stir in cheese; cook 3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Stir in noodles; heat through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 670 calories, 36g fat (22g saturated fat), 289mg cholesterol, 723mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Shrimp Noodle Skillet
"This is just an excellent, easy, one-pot dish. I halved the recipe to serve just two of us, added some cooked peas, and it served as a meal all on its own. A definite keeper for it's ease of preparation!"
"This is excellent, my 25 yr old son makes it himself, and also put in chicken with shrimp"
"Very good and easy to make"