Creamy Shrimp ‘n’ Spaghetti
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (7 ounces) spaghetti
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup julienned green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 envelope (1.6 ounces) garlic-herb pasta sauce mix
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 pound cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and green pepper in 1 tablespoon butter for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk pasta sauce mix, flour, milk and water until blended. Stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the shrimp, white pepper and remaining butter; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Drain spaghetti; toss with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 702 calories, 24g fat (14g saturated fat), 285mg cholesterol, 1421mg sodium, 73g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 48g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 15, 2011
I loved this. Added baby spinach to saute, didn't have green pepper so used red, yellow, & orange. I also added cooked broccoli and carrots to the mix, heating everything through. Will definitely make again.
Nov 13, 2009
This dish is excellent. I have made it a number of times using a creamy garlic pasta sauce mix as I couldn't find the garlic herb. Very easy to prepare and when served with a small salad, it is very elegant.