- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 6 tablespoons cold water
- 1 can (6 ounces) small shrimp, rinsed and drained or 1/3 cup frozen small cooked shrimp, thawed
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- Lettuce leaves
- Fresh parsley, optional
- Assorted crackers
- In a saucepan, combine the soup, cream cheese and mayonnaise. Cook and stir over medium heat until smooth; remove from the heat. In a small saucepan, sprinkle the gelatin over water; let stand for 1 minute. Heat on low until the gelatin is dissolved. Transfer to a mixing bowl; cool slightly.
- Add the shrimp, onion, celery and cream cheese mixture. Transfer to a lightly greased 6-cup mold. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Unmold onto a lettuce-lined serving plate. Garnish with parsley if desired. Serve with crackers. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 5 cups.
Reviews forCreamy Shrimp Mousse
"This was a big hit. Nice on crackers, or served with scoop tortilla chips. I used low fat cream cheese, and I sauteed the onions. I also used 2 120g tins of small shrimp."