Creamy Seafood Linguine Recipe
- 6 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- 3 tablespoons white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cornstarch and milk until smooth; set aside.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in the shrimp, scallops and wine or broth. Cook, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- 3. Stir milk mixture and add to skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, parsley, basil, salt and pepper. Drain linguine; top with seafood mixture. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 394 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 749mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fat-free milk.
Reviews for Creamy Seafood Linguine
"Made the recipe exactly as written and it quickly vanished. Thank you Carole Floyd for sharing this recipe!! My family enjoyed it!!"
"I also added imitatin crab and minced clams to my recipe instead of scallops, only because my husband doesn't care for them It was a hit!!! Also added a dash of cayenne pepper for a little heat. Wonderful!"
"I used to make this recipe but lost the recipe. I am so glad to find it here. It is so delicious. I have served it for a dinner party and everyone wanted to know the recipe."