Creamy Seafood Dip
We've had this every Christmas since I was a child, and I still can’t get enough of it. For a dip that’s lighter, simply substitute reduced-fat versions of mayonnaise and sour cream. —Alice Pareti, Ankeny, Iowa
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 cup (5 ounces) frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Corn chips
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and mayonnaise. Stir in the crab, shrimp, soup mix and garlic powder. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Sprinkle with paprika. Serve with corn chips.
Originally published as Shrimp Dip in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.