This delicious big-batch dish is perfect for potlucks. It's packed with meat and vegetables, so all that's needed to complete the meal is some dinner rolls and dessert. --Mrs. Herbert Kohler, Wapakoneta, Ohio
Recommended: 70 Incredible 5-Star Pasta Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/2 pounds fully cooked smoked sausage links, sliced
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 4 cups milk
- 1 can each (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, cream of chicken soup and cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 package (5-1/4 ounces) au gratin potatoes
- Dash onion powder
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- In a large skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until the beef is no longer pink; drain. In a greased roasting pan, layer meat mixture, mixed vegetables and mushrooms.
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, soups, contents of potato package and onion powder; mix well. Pour over vegetables. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and potato chips.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until hot and bubbly. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Sausage 'n' Beef Bake in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p175