- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 6 cups sliced fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, toasted
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups (1 pint) whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1-2/3 cups cold milk
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts, toasted, optional
- In a large saucepan, mix cornstarch and sugar; stir in water until smooth. Add rhubarb; cook and stir until tender, about 10 minutes. Cool. Meanwhile, for crust, combine flour, sugar and nuts in a medium bowl. Cut in butter until coarse crumbs form. Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. Pour cooled filling over crust. Whip cream; fold in marshmallows and spread over filling. Combine pudding mix and milk; beat until slightly thickened. Spread over marshmallow topping. If desired, sprinkle with nuts. Cover and chill for several hours. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews forCreamy Rhubarb Dessert
"This rhubarb dessert is amazing! I have made this every single year, it is a highly requested recipe. My recipe uses graham wafer crumbs for the base, but either way it's terrific!"