- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 1/2 cup whipped topping
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tube (17.3 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the first six ingredients until smooth; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each biscuit into a 6-in. circle. Spread 1/3 cup cream cheese mixture on half of each biscuit. Bring dough from opposite side over filling just until edges meet; pinch seams to seal.
- In a deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry biscuits, a few at a time, for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Dust with confectioners' sugar while warm if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forCreamy Pumpkin-Filled Biscuits
"Very delicious. However, there was enough filling to fill twice as many large biscuits as the recipe states. Not a bad thing, but it's good I bought an extra tube of biscuits just in case."
"I loved this recipie so much! The only doenfall is that you need to eat them reght away & they make so many that you can't eat them all right away. Other than that everyone loved them & gave them a thumbs up!"
"these are very good i was a bit leary on the kind of bisquits it calls for wondering if it would really work and lo and behold it did. i didnt beat the cream cheese until smooth next time i will for appearance. i recomend mixing the chream cheese and pumpkin first so you can really get the cream cheese smooth or using whipped cream cheese. also the filling was a bit runny...maybe cutting the milk or not even using it next time over all these are very good easy and so easy to make."
"It looks like it would taste very good and I'd gladly make this recipe again."