Creamy Potatoes ‘n’ Peas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound small unpeeled red potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Cook peas according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add dill.
- Drain potatoes and peas; place in a serving bowl. Top with sauce; stir to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 130 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 316mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Apr 12, 2012
This recipe was AMAZING!!!! I didn't have red potatoes on hand, but used Russets and the recipe was still Yummy. Even better the next day!!! A couple of small changes, didn't saute onions, but added green onion/scallion and added a tblspn or so of sugar.
Jun 22, 2010
Made this recipe just like it said. It was very good. Will definetly make it again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.