- 1 pound small unpeeled red potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water; cook until tender. Cook peas according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add dill. Drain potatoes and peas; place in a serving bowl. Top with sauce and stir to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forCreamy Potatoes 'n' Peas
"This recipe was AMAZING!!!! I didn't have red potatoes on hand, but used Russets and the recipe was still Yummy. Even better the next day!!! A couple of small changes, didn't saute onions, but added green onion/scallion and added a tblspn or so of sugar."
"Made this recipe just like it said. It was very good. Will definetly make it again."