- 1 package (28 ounces) frozen O'Brien hash brown potatoes
- 1 pound fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the potatoes are tender. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forCreamy Potatoes 'n' Kielbasa
"Great in slow cooker or oven! Wanting crispy potatos, baked in 9x13 dish at 350 for 40 minutes. Wonderful! Try replacing water with a sour cream and add an onion; can be delicious as well! As a volunteer feild editor with Taste of Home magazine I enjoy recipes that let me customize to my families tastes!"
"This tastes so much like a Hungarian meal that my mom cooked for us throughout my childhood. Sooooooo good!!!"
"I forgot to mention that I used real potatoes rather than frozen."
"This was a good base for a recipe that I doctored up quite a bit. Instead of water, I used chicken stock. I also added salt, pepper, garlic powder, and dried minced onion, as well as a small amount of velveeta cheese. When the potatoes were cooked, I added the shredded cheese and some fresh asparagus. The end result was a thick stew-like dish that would be even better in the winter. Overall, great base for a delicious meal...and easy, too!"
"I liked it, but it was WAY too starchy. The potatoes got all mushed. I had it in the crockpot for 6 hours and had checked it, but feel it was overdone."
"I didn't like the frozen potatoes. I would suggest using real potatoes. I won't be making this again."
"i would make again but use cream of celery."
"This is so yummy, I take it to our 4H potlucks and the pot is empty when I leave. Very easy to make too!"
"This is really good, I take it to potlucks and it's always gone!"