Creamy Potato Salad
Mildly seasoned with onion and dill, Mom's delightfully different potato salad is pretty, too, with the red potatoes left unpeeled. Of course, that also means it's quicker to make that traditional potato salad! —Pat Cole Polebridge, Montana
Total TimePrep: 40 min. + chilling
- 7-1/2 cups cubed red potatoes (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 hard-boiled large egg, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- Sliced hard-boiled large egg, paprika and fresh dill sprigs, optional
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool.
- Transfer potatoes to a large bowl. Add the chopped egg, celery, onion and green pepper. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, salt, pepper and dill. Pour over potato mixture; gently toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Garnish with egg, paprika and dill if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 114 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 320mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Jun 5, 2013
I was looking for a flavorful potato salad recipe and sure found it with this one!
Apr 23, 2011
This is the only potato salad recipe I make now: My family raves about it!!