Creamy Potato and Cheese Casserole Recipe
This comforting casserole from Patricia Staudt of Marble Rock, Iowa has plenty of down-home appeal, and it's sized right to serve a large gathering. The crushed cornflakes you sprinkle on top give it a beautiful golden color when it is baked.
- 4 pounds potatoes, peeled, cooked and cooled
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 7 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1. Shred potatoes; place in a large bowl and set aside. In a skillet, saute onion in 4 tablespoons butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and soup. Add to potatoes. Stir in cheese and salt. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. Melt the remaining butter; toss with cornflakes. Sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup: 345 calories, 18g fat (12g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 491mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Potato and Cheese Casserole
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC