Creamy Pork Chop Casserole Recipe
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each and 1/2 inch thick)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1. Place teriyaki sauce in a large resealable plastic bag; add pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine soup, peas and carrots, water, red pepper, rice, onion and pepper. Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Place pork chops over rice mixture. Cover and bake 40 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10-20 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145° and cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 648 calories, 31g fat (10g saturated fat), 127mg cholesterol, 1479mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 47g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Pork Chop Casserole
"The meat was raw and we had to fry in a frying pan after an hour of cooking. Will never make this again!!"
"My husband and I enjoyed this dish. I omitted the marinade for the pork. Before baking, I browned the chops in a nonstick skillet, then placed them over the rice/soup mixture. I omitted the red pepper (didn't have any) and omitted the cheese topping. Instead of peas and carrots, I used a cup of frozen mixed vegetables. The casserole is very creamy. When I first removed it from the oven I was afraid it was runny, but as it cooled 5 minutes or so it firmed up some. I'll make it again"