Pineapple is so sweet and makes for lovely dessert. This pie is no exception. This is so easy to whip up and fancy enough to serve to guests.—Bonnie Sandlin, Lakeland, Florida
Recommended: 77 Tropical Recipes for a Taste-cation Anytime
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/3 cups pineapple juice
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add pineapple juice; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Boil for 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat egg yolk; stir in 1/4 cup of hot mixture. Return all to pan; cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in pineapple.
- Pour into crust. Chill for 2 hours or until firm. Store in the refrigerator. Sprinkle with coconut just before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Pineapple Pie in Taste of Home October/November 1994, p65