Creamy Pineapple Coconut Pie
Pineapple is so sweet and makes for lovely dessert. This pie is no exception. This is so easy to whip up and fancy enough to serve to guests.—Bonnie Sandlin, Lakeland, Florida
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/3 cups pineapple juice
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks (1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add pineapple juice; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Boil for 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat egg yolk; stir in 1/4 cup of hot mixture. Return all to pan; cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in pineapple.
- Pour into crust. Chill for 2 hours or until firm. Store in the refrigerator. Sprinkle with coconut just before serving.
Editor's Note: Canned pineapple can be substituted for fresh. Use one 20-ounce can and one 8-ounce can of pineapple tidbits. Drain, reserving juice. Add additional pineapple juice if necessary to measure 1-1/3 cups. Prepare recipe as directed.