Creamy Pineapple Cake
Using purchased sponge cake eliminates the baking step in this quick cake recipe. The instant pudding topping sets up in no time at all.—Leann Jasper, Newmarket, Ontario
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 5 individual cream-filled sponge cakes, split in half lengthwise or 7 slices pound cake (about 3/4 inch thick)
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups whipped topping, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Place cake in an ungreased 11x7-in. dish. Top with pineapple; cover and set aside.
- In a bowl, beat milk and pudding mix until smooth. Fold in 1/2 cup whipped topping; pour over pineapple. Spread remaining whipped topping over pudding. Sprinkle with nuts. Chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 310 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 290mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Creamy Pineapple Cake in Country Woman March/April 1998