Creamy Pepperoni Ziti Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) ziti or small tube pasta
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1/2 cup each chopped onion, mushrooms, green pepper and tomato
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, soup, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, onion, mushrooms, green pepper, tomato, cream, broth and seasonings.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 9 servings.
1 cup: 340 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 696mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 high-fat meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Creamy Pepperoni Ziti
"This tastes delicious! My family requests it often. Thank You for sharing!"
"I made this tonight, and really liked it! I sauteed the vegetables prior to mixing them with the pasta mixture, and added 1/2 cup of chicken broth instead of 1/4 cup, as it seemed a bit dry. Although I like pepperoni, there was a bit too much for my taste, so I'll probably only use about 1/3 cup next time. I'll definitely make this again."
"Everyone loved it! Will make again"
"Fantastic! I agree with Jennifer that it tasted just like pizza toppings.I used penne pasta,cream instead of 1/2 and 1/2(the measurement called for plus a couple extra splashes),only half cut the pepperoni slices, and added 3/4C. more mozzarella cheese.We will have this again!"
"I thought it was boring. Adding chicken and vegetables to the leftovers improved it."
"Really good, but I plan to change a couple of things the next time - it just says "chopped pepperoni" - I chopped it too small - think it would be better with bigger chunks. Also swap out the green peppers with roasted red peppers & will maybe add some chicken for a little extra substance."
"Amazing! My husband couldn't stop complimenting the dish. I did add more cream of mushroom soup, more pepperoni, and sauted the veggies."
"Saute the mushrooms, green peppers, onions, & add another can of cream of mushroom soup!!! :) A keeper! We enjoyed it much better the second time around when I made these changes!"
"This was sooo good. I added extra soup and a handful more pepperoni and cheese"
"So good. Will definitely keep this in the regular rotation."
"sometimes less is more... i leave out the mushrooms,green pepper, and onion and it still tastes great! . LOVE IT"
"This pasta was GREAT! My boyfriend loved it too... it tastes like a supreme pizza... SO good and definitely a keeper! Also nice for days you forget to thaw out meat (which is why I made it!)"
"This was good but next time I make it I will add another can of cream of Mushroom soup. I little dry but will make this again."
"Awful, just awful. Hated it."
"Loved this recipe, my husband really enjoyed it aswell. It was simple, tasty, and really hearty. Definatly emailing it to all my friends"
"didn't like the un-sauteed onions, but the flavor in this is amazing and very quick to prepare. Will make again!"
"Easier to prepare than falling off a log and just as affordable...which is good, because my husband couldn't stop eating it!"