Creamy Peanut Butter Fudge
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 teaspoon plus 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/3 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a 9-in. square pan with foil and grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter; set aside.
- Cube remaining butter and place in a large heavy saucepan. Add the sugar, milk and salt; cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a rapid boil; boil for 5 minutes or until a candy thermometer reads 230°, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; stir in chips until melted. Stir in the marshmallow creme, peanut butter and vanilla until blended. Pour into prepared pan; refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Gently peel off foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Editor's NoteWe recommend that you test your candy thermometer before each use by bringing water to a boil; the thermometer should read 212°. Adjust your recipe temperature up or down based on your test.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 58 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Dec 18, 2013
Love this! It's a hit every time I take it somewhere.
Apr 10, 2011
I made this for a family get togther and everyone loved it. They were nibbling on fudge before the main course. I love peanut butter anything and this just was easy and set up nicely. It was soft but not too soft and was not sugary or crumbly.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.