Sellersville, Pennsylvania field editor Christine Wilson sent this comforting dessert. "It stars fresh peaches - at their juicy best this time a year," she says.
Recommended: The 75 Best Ways to Enjoy Farmer’s Market Peaches
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 5 medium ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, beat the milk, butter and egg. Combine the flour, pudding mix, baking powder and salt; add to milk mixture. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with peaches.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar and cream. Drop by tablespoonfuls over peaches. Combine the cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Cool on wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before cutting. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Peach Dessert in Taste of Home August/September 2002, p65