Creamy Peach Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup peach preserves
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- In a bowl, combine the flour and sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside 1 cup for topping. To the remaining crumb mixture, add the sour cream, baking powder, baking soda, egg and extract; beat until blended. Press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar and egg. Spoon into prepared crust. Top with preserves. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture; top with almonds. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until filling is set and crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of the pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Cool for 1-1/2 hours before slicing. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 371 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 222mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Mar 27, 2016
Made this for the first time, I used raspberry jam and everyone loved it!
Feb 21, 2016
I've been making this cake for years. It's delicious! I use the whole jar of preserves, but I keep it a half inch from the edge of the pan so it won't burn and the springform ring is easy to remove. I'm also pretty generous with the almonds. It takes 50-55 min in my oven.
May 20, 2015
I love this recipe! My family loved it too. It's a bit of work but so so so worth it!!
Mar 10, 2014
This was delicious and everyone liked it.
Apr 25, 2013
Yummy! Made last weekend; doubled the fruit preserves and baked about seven minutes longer. Spread half with peach, the other half with blackberry. Thanks for sharing!
Oct 26, 2011
I have made this on several occasions - always to rave reviews! I usually use Apricot Preserves, though and it is so delicious!
Jun 12, 2010
Made this for my husband's treat day at work. It was an absolute hit! I made one with the peach preserves and one with cherry preserves (the almond extract works with both flavors) and both were terrific. Definitely worth the effort.
Dec 1, 2009
This recipe is very very good and will not be removed from our recipe list. My family absolutely loves it and will be making it many more times.
Oct 24, 2009
This is a really good recipe. I used the entire 8oz. carton of sour cream for the crust and it was more of a cake texture. I poured it into the pan and put the filling mixture in the center and it baked up beautifully.
Jun 10, 2009
This cake was delicious, definitely one I would serve to guests. I'm putting together a list of recipes to use at a bed & breakfast, and this is definitely on the list!!