- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup peach preserves
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- In a bowl, combine the flour and sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside 1 cup for topping. To the remaining crumb mixture, add the sour cream, baking powder, baking soda, egg and extract; beat until blended. Press onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar and egg. Spoon into prepared crust. Top with preserves. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture; top with almonds. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until filling is set and crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of the pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Cool for 1-1/2 hours before slicing. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews forCreamy Peach Coffee Cake
"Made this for the first time, I used raspberry jam and everyone loved it!"
"I love this recipe! My family loved it too. It's a bit of work but so so so worth it!!"
"This was delicious and everyone liked it."
"Yummy! Made last weekend; doubled the fruit preserves and baked about seven minutes longer. Spread half with peach, the other half with blackberry. Thanks for sharing!"
"I have made this on several occasions - always to rave reviews! I usually use Apricot Preserves, though and it is so delicious!"
"Made this for my husband's treat day at work. It was an absolute hit! I made one with the peach preserves and one with cherry preserves (the almond extract works with both flavors) and both were terrific. Definitely worth the effort."
"This recipe is very very good and will not be removed from our recipe list. My family absolutely loves it and will be making it many more times."
"This is a really good recipe. I used the entire 8oz. carton of sour cream for the crust and it was more of a cake texture. I poured it into the pan and put the filling mixture in the center and it baked up beautifully."