Creamy Pea Salad with Bacon
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups fresh or frozen peas, thawed
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; mix well. Add peas; toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 142 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 496mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat-free milk, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 28, 2012
This was delicious. I only made 1/2 the recipe, just to try it, wishing I made the whole thing! Definitely making it again. Low fat & good. I used salad style bacon, in the bag, already cooked & crumbled - 4 T for the whole recipe.
Jan 30, 2011
It was ok ~ not a lot of "wow" flavor. I probably won't make this again.