Creamy Pea Casserole Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 12 crackers)
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the onion, celery and red pepper in butter for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Stir in soup and milk; heat through. Stir in peas and water chestnuts.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup: 254 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 611mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Pea Casserole
"i made this recipe for Christmas dinner not really expecting too much. to my surprise everyone loved it! even the kids who don't like peas were asking for more. i omitted the water chestnuts since we don't really like them. i added some Mrs. Dash and some pepper to taste. the peas baked nicely and didn't shrivel up from the heat. this is a recipe that will be passed on."